Wednesday, November 20, 2013

If you had my eyes.

This here is a sweet map painted on a wall in the Theis Training Center which is up near the Dakar Peninsula and where I've been doing almost all my training. After training I'm headed to Kolda in the south and I'll be living below the A and not too far from the southern border.
This is a little road we drive by each time we go to our Host Families. You can see some of the signature Boabob trees. The Senegalese use the leaves in many sauces and the fruits as well when they are ripe. Also they loosely believe that the trees hold spirits.
I liked this valley a lot. It's nice to
This is a little compound we drove by on the way to Kolda for the initial visit. Also as a stoic introduction my thoughtful buddy Scott le.
Here is some of the different countryside on the way to Kolda.
This is an excellent cow pasture/field about a kilometer southwest of my village which I very much enjoy and hope to spend many an afternoon in the grasses watching the wold go by and reading.
More of the same field.
Some rice growing near a stream a few km from my village.
One of the mornings we took a walk and saw some men harvesting millet. They step on the base to bend it over and then cut off the top and gather them into these bunches. Then pound them and eat them for dinner!

This hut to the right may be the one I'll live in for two years. Not a bad setup if ya ask me.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent to see some pictures!! Maybe next time you can include yourself in some of them!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures! It's great to get to see a little bit of the country you're in.

    ReplyDelete